History of the Farm… Coming Soon…
How Mushrooms are Grown on our Farm
- Cultivate the hay
- Saturate the hay
- Inoculate the hay with a mixture containing mushroom spores and build the columns for the mushrooms to grow
- Columns are left in a dark room to allow the mushroom “mycelium” to completely overtake the hay
- Columns are then moved to a different room where the mushrooms begin to grow
6. Mushrooms continue to grow for approximately two weeks, where they are harvested daily, packaged, and delivered to you!
7. Old columns are available for garden compost and animal feed.